SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.26 número2Aplicación del Modelo de Escala de Clasificación Para Examinar las Propiedades Psicométricas de la Self-Control Scale índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

  • En proceso de indezaciónCitado por Google
  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO
  • En proceso de indezaciónSimilares en Google

Compartir


Psykhe (Santiago)

versión On-line ISSN 0718-2228

Resumen

LARRAIN, María Elena; ZEGERS, Beatriz  y  ORELLANA, Yasna. Translation and Adaptation of a Scale to Assess Generativity in Grandparents From Santiago, Chile. Psykhe [online]. 2017, vol.26, n.2, pp.1-18. ISSN 0718-2228.  http://dx.doi.org/10.7764/psykhe.26.2.966.

The article presents the results of the translation and adaptation of the Loyola Generativity Scale (LGS; McAdams & de St. Aubin, 1992) for grandparents living in Santiago de Chile. This instrument was used to assess overall generativity in 385 Chilean grandparents, purposively sampled, according to sex, age, and income level. Using Horn's parallel analysis as well exploratory and confirmatory factorial analyses, 2 factors were extracted from the final 13item scale: Positive Generativity, which explained 72.39% of the variance, and Doubtful Generativity, which explained the remaining variance (27.61%). According to the Cronbach's alpha coefficient, internal consistency reached 0.85 for Positive Generativity (11 items), while that of Doubtful Generativity (2 items), according to the Spearman-Brown coefficient, reached 0.79. Grandmothers who lived with a grandchild obtained the highest generativity scores.

Palabras clave : Loyola Generativity Scale; instrument adaptation; generativity; grandparents.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )