SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.24 número4Monitoreo de la Corrosión de Aceros Embebidos en Concretos obtenidos a partir de Subproductos IndustrialesModelo Dinámico de la Zona de Contacto en Prensas de Máquinas Papeleras índice de autoresíndice de assuntospesquisa de artigos
Home Pagelista alfabética de periódicos  

Serviços Personalizados

Journal

Artigo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

Compartilhar


Información tecnológica

versão On-line ISSN 0718-0764

Resumo

MARTINEZ-BARRERA, Gonzalo; MARTINEZ-LOPEZ, Miguel  e  MARTINEZ-CRUZ, Elisa. Polymer Concrete Reinforced with Luffa Fiber. Inf. tecnol. [online]. 2013, vol.24, n.4, pp.67-74. ISSN 0718-0764.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0718-07642013000400008.

A polymer concrete was prepared adding luffa fiber with the aim of improving compressive and flexural strength as well as elasticity. Polymer concrete specimens were prepared with unsaturated polyester resin with 30 % in volume being the remaining 70% siliceous sand and luffa fibers at several concentrations (0.3, 0.6 and 0.9 vol%). Specimens without fibers were evaluated and gamma irradiating. The evaluation of the mechanical resistance to compression and flexion of the specimens were done in a universal testing machine while elasticity modulus was determined with ultrasound equipment. After the mechanical tests the luffa fiber areas were analyzed using a scanning electronic microscopy. The results show that compressive strength, flexural strength and elasticity decrease their values for the specimens with fibers. The properties improved for the irradiated specimens.

Palavras-chave : polymer concrete; luffa fibers; gamma radiation; mechanical properties.

        · resumo em Espanhol     · texto em Espanhol     · Espanhol ( pdf )

 

Creative Commons License Todo o conteúdo deste periódico, exceto onde está identificado, está licenciado sob uma Licença Creative Commons