SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.80 número1Rotura uterina en gestante de 13 semanas: Embarazo ectópico intersticialTumor de Krukenberg del ovario asociado a teratoma maduro índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

  • En proceso de indezaciónCitado por Google
  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO
  • En proceso de indezaciónSimilares en Google

Compartir


Revista chilena de obstetricia y ginecología

versión On-line ISSN 0717-7526

Resumen

SANDOVAL-DIAZ, Ither et al. Tumor neuroendocrino en cérvix uterino: reporte de caso. Rev. chil. obstet. ginecol. [online]. 2015, vol.80, n.1, pp.60-64. ISSN 0717-7526.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0717-75262015000100009.

Neuroendocrine tumors of the cervix are extremely rare. Women diagnosed with small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the cervix have a higher frequency of metastases in the lymph nodes, lymphovascular invasion, recurrence and worse prognosis compared to those with other types of cervical neoplasia. We report the case of a 58-year-old female, with a history of six years of postmenopausal irregular vaginal bleeding, in addition to symptoms related to chronic anemia. Gynecological examination showed a tumor of 4 cm that occupied the upper third of the vagina and protruded through the cervix initially diagnosed as an abortifacient myoma, and sent to histopathology study. 90% of the tumor was small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma grade III, and the remaining 10% was squamous cell carcinoma. The patient underwent into a radical hysterectomy plus bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, and bilateral pelvic and para-aortic lymphadenectomy. Histopathologic examination of the surgical specimen found endometrium and myometrium compromised by malignancy. Parametrium, annexes and lymph nodes were free of neoplasia. At microscopy, the result was a grade III neuroendocrine carcinoma (small cell carcinoma, infiltrating), with extensive lymphovascular emboli. The immune-histochemical study showed synaptophysin positive in areas with neuroendocrine differentiation.

Palabras clave : Cervico uterine cancer; neuroendocrine carcinoma; small cell carcinoma.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )

 

Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons