SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.134 número7Prevalencia de anticuerpos contra Bartonella henselae en niños, en adolescentes y en una población de riesgo ocupacional en ChileEficacia del infliximab en pacientes con síndrome de Behçet portadores de úveo-retinitis grave índice de autoresíndice de assuntospesquisa de artigos
Home Pagelista alfabética de periódicos  

Serviços Personalizados




Links relacionados


Revista médica de Chile

versão impressa ISSN 0034-9887


ARAYA R, Pamela; VELASCO R, Maritza  e  FERNANDEZ O, Jorge. Rapid identification of non tuberculous mycobacteria by restriction pattern analysis. Rev. méd. Chile [online]. 2006, vol.134, n.7, pp.868-873. ISSN 0034-9887.

Background: The frequency of diseases caused by non tuberculous mycobacteria has increased in the last years. Their clinical diagnosis is difficult, mainly in immunocompromised patients. The identification of these mycobacteria by traditional methods is based on phenotypic characteristics and the results are obtained two to four weeks after their isolation in primary cultures. Aim: To report a new identification method for non tuberculous mycobacteria. Material and methods: The restriction pattern analysis method was implemented. It is based on the amplification, using polymerase chain reaction (PCR), of a polymorphic region of 440 base pairs that codifies Hsp65 protein, followed by a digestion with BstE II and Hae III restriction enzymes. The results were compared with patterns established for each strain. Results: Sixty four strains of mycobacteria obtained from clinical samples and seven reference mycobacteria, were identified using the traditional methods and restriction pattern analysis. The latter method identified the same strain as the former in 87.5% of cases. In the remainder 12.5% of cases there was no agreement between both methods. In these, the sequencing of a fragment of a gene that codifies 16S ribosomal RNA, confirmed the correct identification by restriction patterns. Conclusions: Restriction pattern analysis is a rapid identification method for non tuberculous mycobaterial strains

Palavras-chave : Mycobacteria, atypical; Restriction enzyme analysis; RNA, ribosomal.

        · texto em Espanhol     · Espanhol ( pdf )


Creative Commons License Todo o conteúdo deste periódico, exceto onde está identificado, está licenciado sob uma Licença Creative Commons