SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.23 número1-2PARASITISMO DE LEUCOCITOS Y TROMBOCITOS DE Gallus gallus L. POR Plasmodium (Novyella) juxtanucleare (APICOMPLEXA: PLASMODIIDAE)FREQUÊNCIA DE MOSCAS (DIPTERA,CYCLORRAPHA) DE IMPORTÂNCIA MÉDICO VETERINÁRIA NO ZOOLÓGICO DA UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DO MATO GROSSO, BRASIL, 1. índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Parasitología al día

versión impresa ISSN 0716-0720

Resumen

COSTAMAGNA, SIXTO et al. ENTEROPARASITOS EN NIÑOS RESIDENTES EN ZONA RURAL DEL PARTIDO DE CARMEN DE PATAGONES. PROVINCIA DE BUENOS AIRES. ARGENTINA. Parasitol. día [online]. 1999, vol.23, n.1-2, pp. 48-52. ISSN 0716-0720.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0716-07201999000100009.

ENTEROPARASITES IN CHILDREN LIVING IN RURAL AREAS AT THE PARTIDO DE CARMEN DE PATAGONES. PROVINCE OF BUENOS AIRES.ARGENTINA In the absence of epidemiological data on enteroparasites in a population of 0-14 year-old residents in the rural area of Partido de Carmen de Patagones, Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina, a descriptive and epidemiologic study was carried out as part of a Primary Health Care Program ( PHCP). Faecal matter and anal mucus serial parasitoscopic studies were carried out on 210 children. Results indicate that 60,5% ofthe studied population is intestinal-parasite carrier. Positive monoparasitism was of 67%, while the remaining 33% was manifested in 2-to-5 parasite forms. Parasite spectrum was registered in the following way: Entamoeba coli 31,5%, Giardia lamblia 24,7%, Enterobius vermicularis 18%, Hymenolepis nana 10,4%, Blastocystis hominis 10,3%, Chilomastix mesnili 2,5%, Uncinarias 1%, Entamoeba histolytica 0,9% and Trichuris trichiura 0,5%.Parasite distribution in the studied population was homogeneous in general except for H. nana which registered a prevalence which was higher in risk areas ( 92,4%) than in dry areas ( 7,6%).The results obtained in the present study have been communicated to the corresponding sanitary authorities.

Palabras llave : enteroparasites; children; rural area; Argentina.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español