Categories of manuscripts
The Revista Chilena de Anatomía (Chilean Anatomical Journal, Print ISSN 0716-9868; Online ISSN 0717-6244 at Scientific Electronic Library Online, www.scielo.cl) an official publication of the Chilean, Argentine and Pan American Societies of Anatomy. Articles considered should use morphological aspects. Also accepts Review, shorts and brief communications and Letters to the Editor.
All articles submitted to Revista Chilena de Anatomía must be original. In the letter to the Editor, signed by all the authors, should be expressly declared that all manuscripts must be approved by all authors, may not have been published previously either in whole or in part, except in abstract form, and may not be under consideration by any other journal.
One original and two copies of the manuscripts should be send to the Editor. An original set of figures must accompany each copy of manuscript. All pages should be double-spaced throughout and include page numbers, and have 2.5 margins.
of articles. Storage medium: 3-1/2” high-density disk in IBM MS-DOS,
Windows, or Macintosh format. Software: Microsoft Word is preferred, although
manuscripts prepared with any other microcomputer processor are acceptable.
Do not use desktop publishing software such as Adobe PageMaker“
or Quark Express“.
About the form
Manuscripts should be as concise as possible (no more than 12 pages long, including text, illustrations, and References). Only manuscripts written in Spanish and English will be considered. They should be organized as follows: Title page, running title, summary and key words, introduction, material and method, results, discussion, summary and key words in Spanish (the summary translation will be made in Chile ), acknowledgments, and references. The results and discussion sections may be combined.
· Title page: should include: title, full name of author(s), institutional affiliation with complete address, running title not exceed 45 letters and spaces, and the name, address, phone and fax number, and the e-mail address of the corresponding author; if this manuscripts (or grant) it was subsidized, indicate the sponsorship and the number of the process at the bottom of the page.
The summary (structured) should not exceed 300 words and should be formatted to serve in lieu of a concluding summary. It should concisely to the rest of the paper. Append three to five key words at the end of the summary (from the Medical Subject Heading from the Index Medicus).
· Text: Introduction, Material and Method, Result and Discussion.
·Tables and Illustrations: Each table must have a self-explanatory title, be numbered in order of appearance with Roman numerals, and be cited at an appropriate point in the text. Tables should present comparisons of data that are too cumbersome to describe in the text. Illustrations numbered with Arabic numeral. The reverse side of each figure should have the author’s name, figure number, top side of illustration, reduction requested, and “Review Copy” or “Original” indicated. Do not write directly on glossy prints or use devices like paper clips which can damage the print. Abbreviations used on figures should be defined in the legend must match exactly those used in the text. If it is necessary, use letters, numbers or transferable
· Summary and key words in English (or in Spanish, in case the article is written in English).
Follow these examples:
Rodríguez, A.; Rojas, M. A.; Montenegro, M. A. & Regadera, J. Expresión de filamentos intermedios durante el desarrollo embrionario de cerdo (Sus scrofa) y Bovino. Rev. Chil. Anat., 18(2):237-44, 2000.
Rodrigues, H. Técnicas anatômicas, 2. Ed. Vitória-ES, Arte Visual, 1998.
· Nomenclature. The terminology used according to the last edition of the Nomina Anatomica, Nomina Anatomica Veterinaria or the Nomina Anatomica Avium. The terms in Latin can be translated into the native language (Spanish or English).
· Cost of publications and reprint; Authors are encouraged to submit color illustrations when the color conveys essential scientific information. Color reproduction will be subsidized by the publisher, reducing author costs to US300 per page. (Articles in black and white =US 150).
[About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
Sociedad Chilena de Anatomía