INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Scope and policy
Revista INVI is a publication that, through articles, opinions, essays, reviews and informative documents, gives an Iberoamerican perspective on topics related to residential habitat and housing.
The contents are chosen following an editorial policy that prioritizes the quality of contributions. In this way, originality, topical relevance, systematization and scientific acuteness are the factors that determine them. Contributions derived from research are especially regarded.
PEER REVIEW PROCESS AND SELECTION OF PAPERS
Papers applying for publication in Revista INVI go through an editorial evaluation to determine their thematic relevance and compliance with the quality standards set by the journal; this process is described as follows:
1. Once the submission deadline is over, papers will be reviewed by the editors in order to verify their thematic relevance and compliance with standards. Authors will be contacted prior to the peer review stage in case modifications are required.
2. The review stage is carried out through two parallel lines: the first one is developed by the journal editorial team, where compliance with editorial standards is verified. The second line is based on the double-blind peer review , where two reviewers are required to evaluate the quality of the paper and its value as scholarly communication. In case of disagreement among reviewers, the Editor will decide upon the situation. It is understood, then, that the final decision regarding the eventual publication of papers lies within the hands of the Editor.
3. Reviews are conducted according to the following criteria:
4. Results of reviews will be attached in a single form and submitted to their respective authors; they will be informed of the recommendation given regarding the eventual publication of their paper. Papers where modifications were required will be submitted to a second round of review.
5. The review of modified papers consists in a second reading made by the same reviewers who checked the paper initially. They will verify whether the comments made about the paper were taken into account and make the final recommendation on the paper. In case of disagreement the editor will evaluate the arguments given by reviewers along with the edited paper and give the last word on the matter. Authors will be duly informed of the results of this second review.
6. Given that Revista INVI publishes a limited amount of articles per issue, the Editorial Board will choose among the recommended papers for publication according to the following criteria:
7. Authors of papers recommended for publication will be contacted.
8. By sending contributions to Revista INVI, authors know and adhere to copyright conditions:
Form and preparation of manuscripts
Revista INVI offers four permanent sections (editorial, articles, book reviews and informative) and three occasional sections (other articles, opinion, and essays and monographs) in its print and online edition. Five of these sections, with the exception of editorial and information, are open to receive collaborations under the categories of article and book review.
All submitted papers should comply with the following edition standards; non-compliance will be grounds for rejection:
Given that Revista INVI is printed in black and white, graphics content should be presented in grayscales rather than in color. For tables, these should be made in text format rather than graphic format and included within the paper; tables should not be independently uploaded.
If papers include graphic material from other copyrighted works are included in the paper, authors should provide written permission from the copyright owners and credit the sources in the paper. Otherwise, such content will not be published by Revista INVI.
Bibliographic references should comply with the following style, derived from Chilean standard INN (NCh 1143. Of999), recognized as equivalent to ISO standards 690 and ISO 690-2 standard for electronic documents or parts thereof.
In the list should be included all the bibliographic references cited in footnotes and sources of graphic material. Non cited references will be deleted. The final bibliography should be alphabetically sorted by author last name. References for the same author should be chronologically sorted (from the newest to the oldest one).
By way of illustration, examples of the type of references that are most frequently included in papers published by the journal according to the required style are presented below:
LAST NAME, First name; LAST NAME2, First name2. Book title. Edition (except the first one). City and/or country of edition, Editorial. Date. Pages. Series. ISBN.
SEPÚLVEDA Ocampo, Rubén y FERNÁNDEZ Wagner, Raúl. Un análisis crítico de las políticas nacionales de vivienda en América Latina. 3ª ed. San José, Costa Rica, Centro Cooperativo Sueco. 2006. 148 p. Serie INVI-CYTED. ISBN 9968-9513-3-1.
LAST NAME, First name; LAST NAME2, First name2. Title of the chapter. IN: LAST NAME, First name; LAST NAME2, First name2. Title of the book. Edition (except the first one). City and/or country of edition, Editorial. Date. Pages [chapter beginning page] — [chapter end page]. Series. ISBN.
TORRES, Mario y CAQUIMBO, Sandra. Cambios espaciales y sociales en el centro histórico: Hacia la pérdida de la memoria y la identidad. En: BARRIO Taller. La ciudad pensada. Bogotá, Colombia, Barrio Taller. 2007. p. 121-143. Serie La Casa en el Aire. ISBN 958-97928-0-4.
LAST NAME, First name; LAST NAME2, First name2. Title of the article. Journal title. Volume (number of the issue): [beginning page]-[end page], month, year. [date of citation]. ISSN. Available at: http:// (exact URL or article DOI).
HARAMOTO Nishikimoto, Edwin; JADUE J., Daniel y TAPIA Zarricueta, Ricardo. Programa de viviendas básicas en la Región Metropolitana 1990-1995: un análisis crítico desde una perspectiva global. Boletín del Instituto de la Vivienda. 16(44): 77-87, noviembre 2002. ISSN 0716-5668.
Paper presented in congress, conference, or meeting.
LAST NAME, First name; LAST NAME2, First name2. Title of the document. In: Name of the congress (number of the congress, year of the congress, place of the congress). Title of the publication. Edition (except the first one). City and/or country of edition, Editorial. Date. Series. ISBN. pp. [beginning page]-[end page].
GARGANTINI, Daniela y PERALTA, Joaquín. Criterios de evaluación de proyectos de vivienda en términos de sostenibilidad social. En: Jornada Internacional de Vivienda Social (5º, 2007, Valparaíso, Chile). V Jornada Internacional de Vivienda Social: el derecho a la ciudad y a la vivienda: propuestas y desafíos en la realidad actual. Santiago de Chile, Universidad de Chile, Facultad de Arquitectura y Urbanismo, Instituto de la Vivienda. 2008. pp.233-241.
Authors should verify the availability of online resources. Links provided must lead directly to the source quoted and not to another page or to the website home.
LAST NAME, First name; LAST NAME2, First name2. Title of the resource. [Online]. Name of the website where the source is located. Month, year of the resource. [date of citation: month, day, year]. Available at: http:// (exact resource URL address).
LANGE V., Carlos. Algunas consideraciones para la implementación de un programa integral para el mejoramiento de barrios. [En línea]. El INVI Opina. Marzo 2006. [Fecha de consulta: 25 mayo 2006]. Disponible en: http://invi.uchilefau.cl/index.php/algunasconsideraciones-para-la-implementacion-de-un-programa-integral-para-elmejoramiento-de-barrios/.
Sending of manuscripts
Contributions must be sent in digital format through the Journal website: http://www.revistainvi.cl.
[About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
Universidad de Chile
Facultad de Arquitectura y Urbanismo
Instituto de la Vivienda
Santiago - Chile
Tel.: (56 2) 2978 3037
Fax: (56 2) 2222 2661