Publication guidelines for authors
The work submitted for evaluation must not grant "Copyright" to third parties. The editor reserves the right to make minor editing changes to achieve better work presentation. The work can be presented in English (preferably) and Spanish.
The following types of contributions are considered:
Original contribution. Meaningful investigation outcome that contribute to knowledge within the discipline, development or implementation of technological systems. These articles are submitted to peer review.
Reviews. Significant summary of the current state of a topic related to Engineering; it is advisable to consult the editor if the review article is relevant. These articles undergo the same submission process as regular papers.
Special reports. Tutorials that contribute to teaching in the discipline or papers related to current trends in engineering; occasionally could be considered as editorials with author consent. Thus, prior to submitting the paper, authors are invited to contact the editor. The editorials will be reviewed by the Editorial Board of Ingeniare , and if strictly necessary will be submitted to peer review.
The editor is responsible for authorizing the publication of papers whose content is exclusively the responsibility of the authors. Any modification or rejections will be communicated by explanatory notes to all authors.
The articles should not exceed a total of 15 pages and should follow the following format:
- Paper size 26,5x18,5 cm; margins: top 3 cm, bottom 2 cm, left 2,5 cm, right 1,5 cm.
- Title should be centered, in bold, written in Times New Roman font, size 12 pt., according to the international standards and orthographic rules of a corresponding language (i.e.:“Titles of articles: format”); it should be written in English and Spanish orderly according to the language of a manuscript, clearly indicating the subject of the article. The title should be brief with precise description of the ideas presented within.
- In the next line, bellow the main title, the name of the authors must be included separated by a Tab key, with centered alignment and superscript numbers indicating institutional affiliation. This affiliation should be mentioned at the bottom of the page, and identified by Arabic numerals, containing: institution, full postal address and e-mail (preferably institutional) that correspond to each author. Please do not translate the original names of the institutions .
- The text should begin with the word ABSTRACT. The abstract should consist of no more than 250 words, containing a brief statement of: what the author has done, how did he do it (only if relevant), the main results and the relevance of the results. The abstract is a brief, but comprehensive representation of the item and must inform the objective, methodology and results of the work described.
- In the next line of the corresponding abstract at leastthree keywords which define the content of the article must be stated. It is recommended that the keywords differ from the words used in the title and they must correspond to the content of the manuscript. Do not use word such as “study”, “analysis”, “methods”, etc. since those words are basically applicable for any article and they are not differentiating.
- The introduction and the body of the article should be written in double column with 0,5 cm between them. Titles should be centered in bold, Times New Roman Font, size 10 pt., in capital letters the according to the international standards and orthographic rules of a corresponding language. The rest of text must be written in Times New Roman font size 10 pt., in simple paragraph format without indentation; the text should be justified leaving blank between the paragraphs.
- Titles should be: centered, in bold, in Times New Roman font size 10 pt.; capital letters should be used leaving blank before the paragraph.
The INTRODUCTION should guide the reader to understanding the problem in question and include the nature of the problem, the information and references to previous works, the purpose and meaning of the article. The introduction can be maximum a page and a half long.
- The BODY of the article will contain detailed fundamental information. Thus it must consider the purpose of the relevant information which should be clearly and concisely presented. Article composition will be objective and impersonal. The author will insist on the formatting, its accordance to the publication requirements, language correction and usage of terminology accepted by the scientific bodies.
- Conclusions must be clearly defined and should cover the following: what is demonstrated in the work, its relevance, advantages and limitations, application of the results and future prospects.
- Acknowledgements may be included, to people or institutions who assisted in intellectual, financial or material matters; do not include authors in the acknowledgments.
- References are indicated by numbers in square brackets in the text and will be detailed at the end of the publication. They must be based on indexed journals, books or patents and presented as follows:
[N°] Author(s) First Name Initial, Last Name. “Title of the article”. Journal name. Volume, issue, number of the pages where the articles appears. Month and year of publication. ISSN: (press and/or online). DOI:
[N°] Author(s) First Name Initial. Last Name. “Title”. Editorial name. Edition number. Volume, consulted pages. City; Country. Year of publication. ISBN:
[N°] Author(s) First Name Initial. Last Name. “Title”. Name of the Congress. City, Country. Date.
[N°] Author(s) First Name Initial. Last Name. “Title”. Patent office. Patent number. City, Country. Date.
If a reference is taken from Internet, the URL of the site must be indicated; the day, month and year of consultation must be detailed as follows. Do not use hyperlinks.
[N°] Author(s) First Name Initial, Last Name. “Title”, consulted pages. Date. Date of visit: URL: enter website
Articles may contain references to the authors' own work, only if the quotes correspond appropriately and relevantly to the topic in question.
All EQUATIONS must be written in MathType. FIGURES and EQUATIONS, as well as TABLES must provide identification number that will be referenced in the text. Figures and photographs should be clear with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi, numbered, with a legend at the bottom. Grayscale images should be used. Tables should be numbered and titles must be types in the top row.
Publishing Frequency: Ingeniare. Revista chilena de ingeniería has a four publication per year (quaterly).