Since 1997 Cinta de Moebio
has as its own mission to become the most important social science epistemology
journal in Latin American.
It wishes to gather around academics developing research in the domain
of social science’s philosophy in a wide sense, without exclusion
of perspectives or themes, supporting throughout its articles graduate
programmes in the Latin American region in particular and the international
community in general.
The journal’s editorial experience shows some academics send philosophy’s
articles but without a relationship with social science epistemology,
also some academics send their research results in social science but
without focussing on epistemology, none of which are orientated to this
This journal, to say it in some other way, resides between the dialogue
of philosophy with social science and for this reason both domains should
be presented in the articles.
Three times a year
The system for references is guided by the norm ISO 690.
According to the ISSN protocol, this journal has as an abbreviated title
“Cinta moebio” and it should be used in bibliographies, footnotes,
references and bibliographic strips.
The journal fulfil the protocol Latindex (Online Regional Information
System for Scholarly Journals from Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain
The articles published in Cinta de Moebio
are indexed or summarized by:
• SciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online)
• Fuente Académica Premier (EBSCO) www.ebscohost.com
• Informe Académico (Base de Dtos INFOTRAC) infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb
• Red ALyC (Red de Revistas Científicas de América
Latina y el Caribe) redalyc.uaemex.mx
• Dialnet (Difusión de Alertas en la Red) dialnet.unirioja.es
The journal appears in the following directories:
• Directory of Open Access Journals
• Ulrich's International Periodicals Directory, New Jersey
• The Association of Research Libraries, Washington D.C
• New Jour. Electronic Journals & Newsletters. Yale University
• Latin American Network Information Center. University of Texas
• Latin American Library. Tulane University. New Orleans, Louisiana
The journal is edited by FACSO (Social
Science Faculty) from the University of Chile, which owns the copyright.
Its legal address is Av. Ignacio Carera Pinto #1045, Santiago, Chile.
Considering the author’s copyright of their articles, those are
published under a Creative Commons license.
[Editorial Board] [Instructions
to Authors] [Subscription]
FACSO - Universidad de Chile
Avda. Ignacio Carrera Pinto #1045
Santiago - Chile
Phone.: (56-2) 9787883